The ranch house is a Greene and Greene home, built by Henry Greene and Walter L. Richardson between 1929 and 1930. Constructed of adobe bricks made on the premises, the home was officially registered as a National Historic Landmark in 1984 under the name Tenalu. Walter, William, and John Richardson, with their wives, have lived in and cared for the home for 75 years and continue to do so currently.
Images courtesy of Guardian Stewardship Editions, gsebooks.com. Copyright Julius Shulman and Juergen Nogai. All rights reserved.